Fenix HM61R ticking all the boxes?

n2mb_racing

Newly Enlightened
Random question from someone that hasn't been paying attention for a while. Why would I pick the HM61R V2 over the HM65-T V2? For a running / working light.

Also, anyone running the Vapcell N40 in these lights? Seems like we'd get a nice boost in runtime.

DRW

Enlightened
Random question from someone that hasn't been paying attention for a while. Why would I pick the HM61R V2 over the HM65-T V2? For a running / working light.

Also, anyone running the Vapcell N40 in these lights? Seems like we'd get a nice boost in runtime.
Red light

N40 life cycle is probably poor due to it's high mHA rating. But, batteries are consumables - so treat them as such.

n2mb_racing

Newly Enlightened
Red light

N40 life cycle is probably poor due to it's high mHA rating. But, batteries are consumables - so treat them as such.
Yeah, I think the cycle life on the N40 is pretty low, maybe a few hundred cycles. But, I don't think I care much for something that is used about once a week.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HM65-T has limited upward tilt and small buttons that aren't easily accessible, especially with cold hands, big hands or gloves.

The HM62-T would be a great option. It's 15% lighter with 180 degrees of tilt and has a simple UI with a single large end button and a very useable red light.