Martini Time...

StuGatz

Enlightened
The Zubeng Forge flipper accompanied with an early afternoon in person ballot cast celebratory cocktail... :sssh:

FYAWBdD.jpg

StuGatz

Enlightened
OK now although I am a TRADITIONALIST, I am NOT a STRICT traditionalist.

Got to contemplating an alternate martini. Noticed a few bottles of "Pama" pomegranate liquor with a few other liquors and, yeah, I like pomegranates so why not concoct something interesting she says... So I combine a few things and after a little experimentation, come close to something that already exists! So I cannot and shall not take credit but as my old friend Frank used to say, this little martini is a HIT!

zdOmy5h.jpg

xL88Hzg.jpg

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks tasty, although I'm not sure when a martini ceases to be a martini. However, it made me want one of my standard premixed gin martinis tonight. I only have small olives on hand, so I took 3.

StuGatz

Enlightened
It looks tasty, although I'm not sure when a martini ceases to be a martini. However, it made me want one of my standard premixed gin martinis tonight. I only have small olives on hand, so I took 3.

I neglected to add the Titos Vodka and yes,!, not sure if this SHOULD be considered martini material but a few of the establishments visited have a number of "... Martini" on menu, hence my curious departure.

Any imges of your premix setup? :D

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a photo of a Snapple bottle, with a recipe label stuck on it?!
14 oz gin, 2 oz white vermouth, a teaspoon of Scotch. Kept in a cold part of the fridge next to the jar of olives. Sadly, Trader Joes no longer has the plain Queen olives.

StuGatz

Enlightened
You need a photo of a Snapple bottle, with a recipe label stuck on it?!
14 oz gin, 2 oz white vermouth, a teaspoon of Scotch. Kept in a cold part of the fridge next to the jar of olives. Sadly, Trader Joes no longer has the plain Queen olives.
Sure, why not??? :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im surprised i never had a martini i worked in a few bars in my teens and 20s . i like beer Michelob . i hate dark beer it looks and taste like it needs to be strained to me lol. but i will try a martini this year

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, why not??? :)
It's the same rig even a year later. I actually use a 1 pint measuring cup to do the mixing, then transfer to the Snapple bottle. Evidently, I need to mix more. I found some stuffed queen olives on sale at the drugstore - Napoleon brand (a local company) packed in Peru?? Odd place to source olives, but I know they are big on fresh asparagus.

Attachments

• IMG_1333.JPG
    IMG_1333.JPG
    414.3 KB · Views: 109

StuGatz

Enlightened
Outstanding! Olives on sale always a good thing. Peru most likely has some great climate and regions for those trees. :)

StuGatz

Enlightened
Recently returned from little trip out of area. Walked into a couple already mixed and waiting for me. Must have looked the part of a guy 🙉 🙈 🙊 who needed two quick 🍸🍸 deliveries... :aaa:

qGDE2Rz.jpg

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, I just drained my jug of Tanqueray AND Dolin vermouth making some premix. I usually get to California often enough to buy there and save some 20% over buying locally, but I have no trip planned. May have to suck up and buy locally.

Are those carbon fiber cigar tubes?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was recently gifted/earned some more ingredients. The vermouth I've used before, it's good. The gin is new to me - it's from Scotland, making it a Scotch Gin. Mixed into my Snapple bottle with a splash of actual Scotch, giving it a slight golden color.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 85