• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo battery tubes

stateoftheart

Enlightened
Can any of the newer clicky CR123 battery tubes fit a 18350 cell in them. Would be advantageous in terms of capacity.

oneinthaair

Enlightened
I don't think so. Maybe there is enough room to have one bored. I wish he would make 18650 like the Haiku body.

stateoftheart

Enlightened
It only needs to be larger another 1mm around the battery tube for a brilliant capacity leap from CR123 to 18350.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys, this had been brought up a number of times in the past. It is of my personal opinion that the E-Series geometry of which these packs follow can not support 18 mm diameter batteries (which are typically over 18 mm making it even worse). There have been some paks modified buy others but the wall thickness at the O-ring groove is compromised by being too thin if the tube is bored out, IMHO.

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Hi guys, this had been brought up a number of times in the past. It is of my personal opinion that the E-Series geometry of which these packs follow can not support 18 mm diameter batteries (which are typically over 18 mm making it even worse). There have been some paks modified buy others but the wall thickness at the O-ring groove is compromised by being too thin if the tube is bored out, IMHO.

So any thoughts on making a 18650 tube that's like the Haiku body?

Or a triple LED 18350 light would be great!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
So any thoughts on making a 18650 tube that's like the Haiku body?

Or a triple LED 18350 light would be great!

I came up with the Aqua and Terra lights based on the 18650 cell. But by far the most popular of my offerings is still the E-Series range of lights with the Haiku head and 1x123 pak the most requested.I am just one guy and the range of what I am offering right now is pushing the limits of what I can keep on hand and keep track of.