• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

greg c

Newly Enlightened
Very nice led. Basically perfect

Don would know, see what he says in email. If you get a shipping notification, your good to go
I'm impatiently waiting as best as I can LOL!

Also my keychain light has been a Photon microlight II for many years, can someone give me an idea of the light output of the sapphire in comparison?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm impatiently waiting as best as I can LOL!

Also my keychain light has been a Photon microlight II for many years, can someone give me an idea of the light output of the sapphire in comparison?

You'll love it.

IMG_6253.jpeg

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't really compare to the photon because my photon is the red led. Best way to describe brightness is around 5 true lumens. Nice even circular beam. Wouldn't be the best with lots of ambient light present, but in darkness or even total darkness it's more than enough to see what you need to do. Sometimes I've found it's a bit too bright when waking up in middle of night for bathroom runs, I'd say it's the perfect balance of output/runtime your gonna find in a keychain light that small. I think it's around 12 hours of straight runtime if not more on a AAA battery, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. But basically your battery changes are very few and far between, don't use alkalines, I recommend energizer lithiums

bignc

Enlightened
I imagine you are right but I know for a fact that I have well over 12 hours on an eneloop pro. After using it and carrying it for months, i left it too tight and put it upside down in a bedside tray/ shoebox size. Tossed something on top of it and it activated the light. Looked for the light off and on all night and didn't figure it out until morning when I was kitting up to leave- about 13.5 hours later. Still putting out what looked like
full output.

stupid me I don't know what state the battery was in before it went into the light or when I put it on the charger the morning after it had been turned on. It did take several hours to charge back up though…