• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New McGizmo Owner

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been playing with it for a little while now, and I've got the mode-switching knack. I quite like how that works because you have to be very deliberate about it. If you were using it for signalling, it won't mode-shift by accident.

To me, it is an LED Surefire E1e replacement, without the hassle of swapping between low-output and high-output bulbs. I've compared the tints of the Lumens Factory HO-9 equipped E1e this Haiku and a bunch of other LED lights and this makes the E1e look a bit yellowish. Shining against photos with flesh-tones in, the Hi CRI Haiku rules them all.

The tension of the clip is spot-on, the only issue I could see is if I were to try to clip it over a belt, which is thicker than my pocket of course. However, I put security above all else when it comes to a clip, so this is just so right.

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Well, I was going to wait until this springs's bonus to buy directly from Don. However, Toby in Germany had this beauty up for sale, and being in the EU, it won't have to travel far:

attachment.php

Just got to wait patiently by the letterbox now :whistle:
What a beautiful light. Congrats!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
RedLED, really loving it, feels just so right to use. Admittedly, the mode switching does require you to learn 'the knack', but I prefer that to unintended mode changes. I finally summoned up the bravery to tell the wife what I'd bought and after her initial shock, she handled it a bit and admitted that it is a really nice piece of kit, so I'm off the hook.

ghos

Newly Enlightened
I still remembered the first day I got my Haiku, this is the first custom light I have ever laid my hands on, it just felt so premium and special, like exquisite and refined, it has been on my daily carry ever since I bought it, and has even followed me across countries (did get a few "interested" airport officers checking it out thought)

4.jpg

Put an XPL-Hi in it, and change it to a 11mm FET driver, no regrets!!

Q619

Newly Enlightened
Well I know what I'm doing with my 3S XPG2 Haiku when I want more horsepower!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting observation on my Haiku: when using Nitecore RCR123A cells, I sometimes 'miss' a mode change. However, if I use AW Protected RCR123A cells, the mode-shifting is perfectly predictable. Must be some weird interplay between the Nitecore cell protection circuitry and the 3S converter.

Anyway, I've got myself some additional AW cells, I'll save the Nitecores for the HO-9 equipped Surefire E1e.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting observation on my Haiku: when using Nitecore RCR123A cells, I sometimes 'miss' a mode change. However, if I use AW Protected RCR123A cells, the mode-shifting is perfectly predictable. Must be some weird interplay between the Nitecore cell protection circuitry and the 3S converter.

Anyway, I've got myself some additional AW cells, I'll save the Nitecores for the HO-9 equipped Surefire E1e.

I have that with IMR cells. I think it's a combination of the fast timing needed with the 3s and the low internal resistance of the cell.