Philips Xtra Vision 9012 Halogen Bulbs, No Exist?

Ls400

Enlightened
Philips Xtra Vision 9012

I am fairly sure the Sylvania XtraVision 9012 bulbs are just Vosla +30s, repackaged and readily available at parts stores. So if you prefer parts stores for whatever reason, there's another buying option. I guess one decisive advantage that the parts store has is they offer a 1 year warranty with the bulbs, which you may be able to claim. I personally never tried, but I've seen plenty of things getting warrantied out at parts stores.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...n-halogen-bulb-pack-of-2-9012xvbp2/11402221-P

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am fairly sure the Sylvania XtraVision 9012 bulbs are just Vosla +30s, repackaged and readily available at parts stores. So if you prefer parts stores for whatever reason, there's another buying option. I guess one decisive advantage that the parts store has is they offer a 1 year warranty with the bulbs, which you may be able to claim. I personally never tried, but I've seen plenty of things getting warrantied out at parts stores.

Surprised they'd warranty a bulb, really-- 1 year is pretty generous of a warranty for such a wear item.

Me, I can bear to wait a few days to save $6.00 to get two of the GM-boxed part, but then again I get free Prime shipping. The local price really isn't too far out of the norm, though.

Ls400

Enlightened
When I worked in a parts store, the computer system would let us warranty out bulbs. No one ever bothered, though. But the process for warrantying a bulb was the same as warrantying out an alternator or starter or something, nothing crazy or difficult.

In my opinion, the Sylvania XtraVision 9012 and Sylvania Basic 9011 are worth sourcing locally if one does a lot of driving. The possibility of one free replacement over a year is very nice. The other bulbs from Sylvania, not so much. The SilverStar 9012 also comes with the 1 year warranty. Now, if for some odd reason you chose that under-performing bulb, I bet you'd really want that warranty!

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, the Sylvania XtraVision 9012 and Sylvania Basic 9011 are worth sourcing locally if one does a lot of driving.
At that price, the XtraVision is pretty decent for a local pick, and it helps feed the local economy, so there're plusses there. And it's refreshing to see a genuine upgrade option available amongst the blue-glassed 'upgrayedd' bulbs and the LED drop-ins.

And sometimes, I just got to get whatever it is into my hot little hands RIGHT NOW so the slightly higher price + sales tax can be worth it just for the instant gratification.

Chris,
When you replace your existing bulbs (in pairs, of course) be sure to retain one of the ones you replace as a spare, or order two pairs so you have an immediate spare pair. When one goes out the other is typically soon to follow.