Suitable PMMA lenses for modding a Mini Maglite

nzoomed

Newly Enlightened
Im in the process of designing a mini maglite mod and since the space is valuable inside the head im looking at different options.

Ive been looking at these PMMA lenses on aliexpress and look like they could be an option, IDK how well it will look cosmetically with a protruding lens, but it might be an option?
Also I would imagine it would give a good throw also, but not sure how close you could have the LED behind the lens?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32863781246.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.36e63c00BBNLi9

HTB13emxXBcXBuNjt_Xoq6xIwFXaH.jpg

The base is rather thick so would have to try and grind it down and polish the base, unless i can find a thinner one.

If anyone else has other ideas for lenses for such mods, let me know, but im thinking it might be the only practical lens.
If there are ones with less of a convex shape, it might be even better, but would give more of a narrow beam?

Any other ideas, please let me know here. Mini mag mods make a great challenge, and im wanting to make use of my old incan mini mag.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
doing some quick searching, I'm not finding anything any better than what you've already suggested. These are pretty inexpensive, so it wouldn't hurt to purchase a handful and experiment

nzoomed

Newly Enlightened
doing some quick searching, I'm not finding anything any better than what you've already suggested. These are pretty inexpensive, so it wouldn't hurt to purchase a handful and experiment

Yeah ive already bought a bunch, I think they will fit perfectly.
Not sure how the beam will be like, but worth experimenting.
I also bought these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beam-25-PM...r-LED-Lens-Stand-D-22-5mm-H-10mm/273878530569
They fit perfectly, but they have a slightly risen lip which means they dont sit flush against the rubber o-ring.