2023 F150 almost base XL

tshephard

Newly Enlightened
Finally some got something new again!
Hours researching bulbs...

So, base XL with 'Chrome' upgrade, got me 'fogs, and maybe different bulbs in back - later.

Front
Low is H11, is Philips H9 correct upgrade?
High is 9005, is 9011 correct upgrade? Philips OK now? Do I need to hunt down Toshibas?
Fog is 9140, is 9005 from above (prob Syl.) correct upgrade? Better?

Are housings, etc good for these upgrades?
The fogs 'appear' to have glass "trays" top and bottom, like crinkle cut chips?

Truck is now about 2 mos old, I dropped the rear about 3 1/2 inches, so now front lights need attention.

THX all!

EJR

Newly Enlightened
For the reflector 21-23 F150 lamps, stay with H11 because H9 would likely be too "bright" and cause too much glare. I have this lamp here for testing but just have not yet had a chance to play with it.

For the highs, go down to Auto Zone or any local auto parts store and pick up a pair of Sylvania 9011 bulbs. The Toshibas will NOT FIT (I have verified this). Although these are superior to all other 9011 bulbs, its just not compatible in most vehicles due to its large shank. It requires sanding around the shank so that its fits in the bulb seat. Just not worth all that nonsense. The Sylvania 9011s still offer fantastic improvement over the factory 9005 and they snap right in. (little tight on the F150 but they work)

For the fogs, keep them turned OFF. Those 9140 bulb fogs aren't really great fog lamps so you wouldn't really be improving much.

And NO, a 55w 9005 is not suitable as a replacement for the 37w 9140.

tshephard

Newly Enlightened
None of those are what I wanted to hear!
However, I will grab just the 9011's and check them as I aim the existing H11's

THX