$500 laser pointer at beach

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
Okay guys I think I jufst saw the biggest scam in my life. I'm at the boardwalk in ocean city Maryland. People are walking around with green laser pointers. I went into made-on-china r us and they're selling $20 green laser pointers. The guy was holding a big Matt black torch looking thing with Chrome hardware. Asked him if i could see it and he wouldnt let me. He turned it and showed me a $499 sticker price! I was floored and he then pointed to a display case whic had like 4. He didnt even want to sell it seems bad salesman or something because I could have walked out with it, but of courser I'm not an idiot. I know about lights and am carrying a ra high cri and e2dl now. Is this the biggest scwm ever, i know nothing lasers.

Burgess

Flashaholic
That $500 price obviously includes the " Stupid Person Tax ".

Buyer Beware ! ! !

:shakehead
_

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
Indeed sir. Indeed.

I don't think they really sell them but I don't know what the deal is.

Raccoon

Enlightened
Well, there certainly are $500 portable green lasers, as there are $2999 and $4999 models too. There's really no judging its value without knowing the output specifications, optics, mfg, etc.

He could very well have paid $500 for it.

comozo

Enlightened
Green lasers are necessarily more complicated in their construction than flashlights and it's reasonable that this particular laser does retail for that much.
Just look at lasers sold here Laser Glow or Optotronics.

Nokoff

Enlightened
I was just on different boardwalk and the green toy laser lights are everywhere too.. I didn't see any expensive ones there, but there's no way on earth I'd drop 499. on a boardwalk shop electronic, so don't worry, I'm sure you didn't miss any bargain there..
earlier this year it was little frogs, now it's toy lasers, the only constant over the years has been the hermit crabs :)