Abyss Dive Lights Backup

MAD23

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone!!

I'm very proud showing you all one of my little lights, currently distributing them in Spain, where we make them.

Some highlights:

Machined from a single piece of aeronautical aluminium
Hard anodized, more than 40µm
Silicone o-rings
Polycarbonate Makrolon lens (5mm thick)
P60 Host, currently using nailbenders XML U2 modules
18650 litium battery
Goes on or changes modes turning the cap a cuarter
Individually tested to 20Bar, each one of them goes into the pressure chamber

Some pics:

trasera-bk_1024x768.jpg

conbateria-bk_1024x768.jpg

frente-bk_1024x768.jpg

culo-bk_1024x768.jpg

Hope you like them!!

jspeybro

Enlightened
Hi,

looks like a nice light for a backup or as a first light for beginners.
For a backup light, I prefer to attach a boltsnap through a hole that goes through the center at the end of the light (like through the center piece of plastic/metal in the end cap) rather than through a hole on the side of the light. Also, the holse seem a bit small if you want to go through it a few times with cave line when attaching a boltsnap.

seems like you're screwing in a threaded ring in the front to keep the front glass in place. I hope you use some thread locker to keep it from moving as this is the part that may hit things first when using the lamp.

which modes does it have?
how long does it run on the different modes?

regards,
Johan

MAD23

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

There is a hole in the center piece in the cap, i also like to attach a boltsnap in there, and i also use cave line, those holes are big enought for it.

Yes, we are using a threaded ring in the front, and yes we use thread locker, in the prototypes we didint use any and thar ring didnt got loose at all, but we use it just in case.

As i said we are currently using nailbenders dropins, so we can make them with only one mode or 3 level - Low / Med / High Regulated (5%- 30%-100%)

For the runtimes, it totally depends on what battery you choose to use, i personally use 18650 Keeppower 3400mAh ones, enought for a 90minute runtime at full mode

betti154

Enlightened
What's the beam like?

I'm in the market for some good backup lights but haven't found any I like yet (or rather that fit my requirements).

Latest posts