Acebeam X75 review

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Latest review is up:

Acebeam X75

The light has monster output and throw, this class has certainly come a long way from my earlier reviewing days. Here's a teaser high runtime graph (additional graphs showing a blow-up for more resolution in the first few mins are in the review):
X75-Max.gif

Quite a lengthy review this time, as I have a lot to say about heat and the thermal management - it's an interesting light.

Last edited:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
This does strike me as a light more intended for mounting on a vehicle of some sort, rather than used hand-held. Such as a small boat, swamp buggy, ATV, off-roading Jeep, etc. Something in that category. Especially with the built-in threaded attach point.

A bit heavy for a drone unless it's a pretty big drone I'd think.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
This does strike me as a light more intended for mounting on a vehicle of some sort, rather than used hand-held. Such as a small boat, swamp buggy, ATV, off-roading Jeep, etc. Something in that category. Especially with the built-in threaded attach point.
Yes, I would agree with that - my first thought when I saw it was that this would serve well as a headlight for a craft of some kind.

But it is surprisingly feasible to carry it by the handle. Reminds me of the old portable HIDs, given the size and weight.