Anybody know how to fix a Samsung Gear 1 watch?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Mine is dead. I suspect it is the rechargeable battery. I wonder if anyone has operated on his gear watch?
Thanks

djburkes

Enlightened
Here's the link to a video of a teardown for a Samsung Galaxy Gear watch, see if this helps. I replace phone and tablet screens all of the time but I've never torn into one of these, it actually looks quite a bit easier than tearing into some tablets or phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzGC0786U0

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks. If anyone here has done it I would love to hear from you too. I wish those mall guys would fix it. Samsung wants 70 bucks to even look at it. Maybe I am underestimating the cost of electronics replairs but that sounds very high to me.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Here's the link to a video of a teardown for a Samsung Galaxy Gear watch, see if this helps. I replace phone and tablet screens all of the time but I've never torn into one of these, it actually looks quite a bit easier than tearing into some tablets or phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzGC0786U0

Following those directions I took it apart, removed battery, and put it back in. I then connected using the cradle and usb to my computer. I got excited cuz it said searching for drivers as though watch was now recognized. Before connecting to computer did nothing at all. It didn't help though. No driver was found and the watch still shows no sign that it is charging. Normally, even on dead battery when you connect to power there is a buzz and screen turns on. No buzz no screen no nuthin. Anyway now I cannot even pay the 70 bucks to sammy to fix it because they refuse to fix if watch has been tampered with. It is easy to see inside that it has been tampered with. Anyway I bought a gear 2 but I was hoping for a way to fix it. Turns out you cannot even get a new battery and if you could it costs 33 bucks and still may not work. My only hope is finding a fixit guy who know how to fix it.

djburkes

Enlightened
Following those directions I took it apart, removed battery, and put it back in. I then connected using the cradle and usb to my computer. I got excited cuz it said searching for drivers as though watch was now recognized. Before connecting to computer did nothing at all. It didn't help though. No driver was found and the watch still shows no sign that it is charging. Normally, even on dead battery when you connect to power there is a buzz and screen turns on. No buzz no screen no nuthin. Anyway now I cannot even pay the 70 bucks to sammy to fix it because they refuse to fix if watch has been tampered with. It is easy to see inside that it has been tampered with. Anyway I bought a gear 2 but I was hoping for a way to fix it. Turns out you cannot even get a new battery and if you could it costs 33 bucks and still may not work. My only hope is finding a fixit guy who know how to fix it.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can find someone to fix it for you.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can find someone to fix it for you.

Not that big a deal. Just so many electronic wizards here I thought there might be an easy fix. I just hate trashing tech. The best thing to do with this watch is recycle it. I know now no easy way to get parts and the parts cost almost as much as the $70 repair fee. Just my bad luck my watch died 6 months after warranty wore out. Should bought that Best Buy extended warranty...but then I would have spent $60. Only 10 dollar savings.