Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Nichia review

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
My first Armytek review is up, the 1x18650 Nichia 144AR equipped:

Armytek Wizard C2 Pro Nichia

I'm really impressed the performance and features of this light - this is the closest I've come to giving 5 stars under my new reviewing format. But the interface is a bit complex, with some inconsistencies between UI/mode sets.

Here's a teaser of what the Turbo modes are like, blown-over for the first few mins:

C2Pro-Max-extended.gif

I'll be reviewing the higher output 1x21700 Max version of this light soon, just wrapping up the testing results.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question: Do you actually believe that that light passes / earned a 10-meter impact rating per FL1 testing methods / standards like it says on the box? I'm just curious.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Question: Do you actually believe that that light passes / earned a 10-meter impact rating per FL1 testing methods / standards like it says on the box? I'm just curious.
Hmmm, interesting question. I don't test for impact or waterproofeness, but Armytek did offer to send me an extra sample for destructive testing (including impact). I declined because I don't have meaningful data for comparison testing to other lights. But they clearly felt confident it would pass, given they specifically offered me one to test.

The light feels very solid. If any light were to pass, I suspect it would be theirs.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Thanks for the insight! I noticed some flickering with mine but it disappeared.
Yes, it was more an issue on the Max model I'm testing (on highest mode, which draws more current). But since you wind up twisting the tailcap more on these models more than typical (due to the charging dock, or when switching UIs), it seems that regular care maintenance is all the more important.

Last edited: