Botach Flames...

Doug

Enlightened
I have been reading some disturbing flames regarding Botach. I to, ordered 4 white Photon II's just before the end of the year, and then called me back, saying they have cancelled my order because they do not have stock (yet, they took my order in the first place, duh!). I asked if they could just back order it, they said they could not because they where doing (end of year?) inventory.

So, what I plan on doing, is just going down there and walk into the store! It's less than an hour away... might as well, eh? If I SEE the product, I guess I will know it is in stock, eh
smile.gif
?

Doug

MikeB

Newly Enlightened
I ordered 2 CMG Infinity lights from them last week. They show them as being shipped, and UPS seems to have them in transit.

I'll post an update when they arrive. Frankly, I'm concerned about them arriving on time (I'm more concerned about UPS than Botach). If I don't have them by Jan 10th, then I might not be able to post an update until Jan 20th, since they're supposed to arrive right before I go on a business trip.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never ordered from them. But what I see on the different forums is spotty support. Some customers report excellent service. Some report bad service.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..no flame; just the facts; I ordered from Botach December 7th, recieved 'automatic' email saying 'confirmation' would be coming...no confirmation, no answers to several emails, no answer at their telephone for weeks, no phone response to my message...got an email apologizing 'for delay' a few days ago, and recieved my stuff today, January9... :yawn: (you know, Botack'll ship you Primus gas cartridges with no additional hazardous mat. fee?)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just got back from Botech. They aren't open to the public but allowed me in to purchase 4 of the Photon II's. It looked like they had at least a dozen more in stock.

BTW this is my first LEWD (light emitting white diode) and it's great! Beats my Mag solitare hands down. I think I'm going to lock myself in a closet and mess around with it till nightfall!

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dimwit:
I think I'm going to lock myself in a closet and mess around with it till nightfall!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEAH, well DUH!!! like nobody else has done that before. I have a nice walk-in closet in the master bedroom and when that gets boring I can always go into the kids bathroom and unplug the nightlight.

Seems to me this is just another indication that men and women are actually wired differently. I have yet to catch my wife in the closet playing with anything(g).

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by K Horn on 01-09-2001 at 03:32 PM</font>

MikeB

Newly Enlightened
Followup on my Botach purchase:

I ordered two CMG Infinity lights from Botach on Jan 4th. They arrived today (Jan 9th). UPS initially estimated that they would be here on the 10th. So UPS gets bonus points here. I got an Emailed confirmation from Botach the day after I ordered, showing the UPS tracking number.

Botach shipped my order correctly. OK, I admit that this is a simple order. I also checked my credit card account online, and they have not double-charged my card (as others had complained).

So overall, I'm satisfied.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

FYI, details you can definitely live without...

Botech is located in South Central L.A., the same area they had the riots a few years back. They're located in an old pawn shop, no signage visible. A piece of paper taped inside the front door states that they are only open to government and police officers and not open to the public. I'll have to dummy up a fake ID for my next visit.

They are located inside a former pawn shop, good security gates on the windows. Inside they have about 2400 sq ft of space with a lot of head room. Many shelves well organized and crammed with interesting looking goodies. Two huge walk-in vaults in the back with massive doors, serious stuff neatly pilled in both of 'em.

3 guys in a back office behind monitors processing orders, very neat and efficient looking. Set-up for mail, phone and net orders, not walk-in or will calls. Looks like a well run operation.

Bottom line? Can't beat their prices for the Photons. Back to the closet, out.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K Horn:
YEAH, well DUH!!! like nobody else has done that before. I have a nice walk-in closet in the master bedroom and when that gets boring I can always go into the kids bathroom and unplug the nightlight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lucky you. I have those kinds of closets that when you hang up a coat, you have to shove the sleeves in to get the door closed.
frown.gif

However, my itty bitty bathroom doesn't have any windows, so I can just unplug the nightlight and I have a nice dark (but cramped) room in which to mess around with flashlights anytime day or night. I just have to be careful I don't drop them in the toilet when I turn around.
wink.gif

I've had two flashlights go down the toilet so far, and a set of button batteries went down the drain in the bathroom sink. :/
Lesson learned: PUT DOWN THE TOILET LID!!
smile.gif

:x :X :-x :-X
(do any of these work?)

http://insulatorz.home.att.net

------------------