Cheap, one mode, LED, single-AA or AAA light to give away.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Specifically to the homeless or charities directly involved in helping them.
Another CPFer mentioned he does this. Decided it was a great idea.
Something like that would genuinely be useful to them.
Finding a replacement battery wouldn't be a financial burden to them.
So, I started looking at what's out there. Couldn't really find much!
The issue is, it needs to be cheap so that a very large bulk donation can be made.
Of both lights, and batteries. Obviously I'm willing to pay quite a bit more for batts.
The light needs to at least be okay quality. Thought about an LED Mag. Solitaire.
But at 47 lumens, output might be a bit too much? Plus, cost is an issue there.

Please, leave your suggestions. No 14500 or 10440 lights unless they can also run on a single-AA or AAA alkaline battery too. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finding something that fits the bill here is a bit more of a challenge than I thought.
There are the multi packs of zoomed on Amazon; but those aren't robust enough.
I think 1xAA is the best choice but can't find one.
Coast G10 maybe for a AAA.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Finding something that fits the bill here is a bit more of a challenge than I thought.
There are the multi packs of zoomed on Amazon; but those aren't robust enough.
I think 1xAA is the best choice but can't find one.
Coast G10 maybe for a AAA.
Had the same experience with the single-AA option.
You'd think it wouldn't be that hard finding such a light in AA.
Ironically, it is.

I'll keep the Coast in mind but at $10.oo each, it's a Dark Horse contender. For $100.oo, I'd only be able to get 8 or perhaps 9 of those. (Have to take sales tax into account.)

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking again on Amazon, I'm finding an Eveready 2xAA 4 pack with batteries for $10. Plastic, basic light. They say 30 hr run time.
And there are single mode 1xAAA light 20 packs for $37. Generic Chinese manufacturer.

I'm intrigued here; maybe we can do a group buy sort of deal and get something manufactured? Single mode, twisty, 1xAA, no frills. Think Sofirn C01 in a AA light format.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Looking again on Amazon, I'm finding an Eveready 2xAA 4 pack with batteries for $10. Plastic, basic light. They say 30 hr run time.
And there are single mode 1xAAA light 20 packs for $37. Generic Chinese manufacturer.

I'm intrigued here; maybe we can do a group buy sort of deal and get something manufactured? Single mode, twisty, 1xAA, no frills. Think Sofirn C01 in a AA light format.
Found the Amazon listing for that 20pak. of single-AAA lights.
Output is a bit too much but it definitely ticks off all the other boxes.
Beieverluck 20 Pack Pen Light Mini Small Flashlight with Clip. The clip being a nice little bonus.

I'd be in for a Group Buy. But have zero experience in managing that sort of thing. If anyone wants to take up the challenge, I'll happily join in with financial support.

Lightcollector

Newly Enlightened
I don't care for these options personally. But Walmart has a 3 aaa flashlight (Ozark Trail) for under $2 and Harbor Freight has a two pack that isn't as good of the same variety for $3.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't care for these options personally. But Walmart has a 3 aaa flashlight (Ozark Trail) for under $2 and Harbor Freight has a two pack that isn't as good of the same variety for $3.
Please keep in mind who'll be receiving these lights. Scrounging or acquiring a single AA or AAA battery is going to be much easier for a homeless person than replacing three batteries needed for a light to work. Plus, those battery-carriers are fragile.

It really has to something running off of one common battery type.