Cheap source of IR Cut Filter?

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
I know this the opposite of what you guys are after but thought it might be the most knowledgeable group; I recently got a cheap waterproof "action camera" (720p video) that has a "night-vision" feature and some IR LEDs. LED output is pretty poor so not too much use.
Anyway, to facilitate this feature, they have dropped the IR cut filter, which means any video taken in daylight is full of IR (or near-IR?) pseudo purple colours; foliage in particular. This makes it fairly useless to me, as I want it for taking FPV surf footage etc., so all daytime use.

I experimented with taping the small (maybe 5mm square) IR cut filter from an old wireless camera across the front lens (no room for it internally) and that seems to work well, but it's rather ghetto. I can't find a cheap source of larger cut filters, say 20mm round, they all seem to be aimed at professional photography and priced in the tens- or hundreds- of dollars. Can anyone suggest a workable cheap solution? Say sub $5? Am I asking too much?
Oh, and the thinner the better, if it's thin enough I could wedge a smaller filter (eg 5mm round) between the lens and the protective cover; there's a few o-rings, gaskets etc that severely restrict how thick a wedged-in filter could be.

Last edited: