• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Maglite warrany folks

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My ML150LR sat on a shelf for nearly a year. I forgot to loosen the tailcap to cut the circuit to the electronic switch. It did not light. I put it on charge and nothing happened.
After that I did the usual flashaholic stuff to ensure it was not dirty threads or a bad charger etc. Still nothing. So I emailed Maglite Saturday night at 11pm my time.
Monday afternoon I received a phone call from them, and two emails with instructions on how to double check everything. The things I had already done but with additional steps like "wait 15 seconds before proceeding to X"……none of it worked but I did appreciate the extra mile Maglite went to as an attempt to help me out.

I ordered a new battery and if that doesn't solve the issue I'll send it back.
Cheers to Maglite warranty folks.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Issue resolved. It was the battery.

My thought was send back the light (on my dime) which would probably just arriving there then had to be evaluated, fixed then sent back hopefully by Thanksgiving (which is when the battery warranty expires). Or buy a battery using a coupon I was holding onto and know a few days later.

So in other words it's now charging at my house for about $15 instead of being somewhere in California……

Last edited:

junkman

Newly Enlightened
The few times I have had contact with Maglite over the years (decades?) it was always positive. I just had an issue with an order and when I called it was resolved quickly on the phone and they followed through with the replacement.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Another thumbs up, this time to Esther who has helped a few times.
This time UPS had not sent a tracking number a week after Maglite said it shipped. Figuring they probably had I replied to the "shipped" email last night (Saturday) and received a tracking number from Esther today (Sunday).
Nice!