Confused about 2007 Volvo XC70 (US) High Beam bulbs

otterkj

Newly Enlightened
Volvo bulbs give me fits. Now, it is the first time changing the front bulbs since I have owned this car. I figured if I was going to do one, I might as well do the low and high beams. I don't have a huge budget, but want to get something more powerful than my existing bulbs and I do not want to retrofit the car with new lenses or LEDs.

The Low Beams appear to be:
H11, 12V, 55W
and so far, I picked the [URL="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FXRDJW2/]OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LASER H11[/URL]

The High Beams have me flumoxed...
I think they are H9, but searches also show H11. I would like a consistent color and manufacturer for the 4 bulbs. Any guidance will be very well appreciated (FWIW, I have searched the forums and still not sure what to do).

Last edited by a moderator:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
The High Beams have me flumoxed...
I think they are H9, but searches also show H11. I would like a consistent color and manufacturer for the 4 bulbs. Any guidance will be very well appreciated (FWIW, I have searched the forums and still not sure what to do).
The lens markings or the owner's manual would tell you; the owner's manual says H11.

With halogen bulbs, consistent color is typically easy-- avoid "long life" bulbs (they tend towards a yellow-brown) and avoid blue-tinted bulbs. (Matching them with HID bulbs is folly.) Consistent brand isn't always advisable, either-- the Philips X-Treme Power bulbs are quite good, but the Toshiba HIR1 bulbs are better than Philips' HIR1 bulbs, so there may be a situation where you'd need the Philips bulb for one function but the Toshiba bulb for another.