Convoy m21a uv

grgguy

Newly Enlightened
So I recently purchased a Convoy m21a uv. I found it on AliExpress. Can't remember the price. I want to say it was around $40. Anyway I already have a Convoy ‎S2+NICHIA-UV365nm. It's a really good UV flashlight. So when I saw the Convoy M21A uv 365nm I was a little excited. A UV thrower sounded like a fun light...So I jumped on it. Ordered and got it in the mail in about 3 weeks. All good so far. Then I dropped a battery in it and I knew immediately that it wasn't 365nm but instead 395nm. I don't know how many people out there have UV flashlights. What's the difference between 395nm and 365nm is visible light and the color of said visible. A 365 will have almost no visible light. Cuz it's a real UV wavelength. You can't see the light coming from the flashlight till it hits something phosphorescent. Where is 395nm is closer to blueish/purple color and will have all kind of visible light with it. Like having a blue purple flashlight.. with a little bit of phosphorescent properties.
So I went back to AliExpress and I look at the advertisement for the flashlight. It doesn't mention anything about the 395nm wavelength. I put in the dispute and they're fighting me. I thought this guy Simon was a straight shooter. Not trying to pull BS on people. I mean this guy Simon is Convoy, right ? There's no other people representing Convoy ? That's the way I've understood it for years now... And I've never had a problem till now. Ive probably bought 10 different Convoy flashlights over the years and they've all been great. Maybe he doesn't know he's got the wrong wavelength on these M21A UV Lights . I don't know what to think...
I'm hoping that he'll see this thread and comment on it. They want me to send back to flashlight but they don't want to pay for the shipping, how much is that going to cost? How long will that take. They gave me like a week to get it back to them? They have three weeks to get it to me but I got one week to get it to them. How much would that cost? It wasn't me who put the wrong wavelength in either the flashlight or the advertisement. So why would I pay the return postage this is some BS
I read all the reviews and they're all saying their UV flashlight needs are now met forever.. these are either fake reviews or are someone has no clue what a real UV flashlight is.. like I said I thought this guy Simon was a real straight shooter a stand up guy. I guess I'm about to find out...

If anybody wants beam shots for proof just ask. I'll put them up.

srjacob

Newly Enlightened
In my experience, UV LEDS (I have used Nichias, LedEngins, and Samsungs all produce some visible light Throw a filter in front of the flashlight and see is some minerals (that only fluoresce under long wave UV) will fluoresce. If so, you are probably getting 365nm out of that LED, but visible light too.

I have got a big lamp that uses an LedEngin LZ4 that needs a filter in front of it.

LEDite

Enlightened
So I recently purchased a Convoy m21a uv. I found it on AliExpress. Can't remember the price. I want to say it was around $40. Anyway I already have a Convoy ‎S2+NICHIA-UV365nm. It's a really good UV flashlight. So when I saw the Convoy M21A uv 365nm I was a little excited. A UV thrower sounded like a fun light...So I jumped on it. Ordered and got it in the mail in about 3 weeks. All good so far. Then I dropped a battery in it and I knew immediately that it wasn't 365nm but instead 395nm. I don't know how many people out there have UV flashlights. What's the difference between 395nm and 365nm is visible light and the color of said visible. A 365 will have almost no visible light. Cuz it's a real UV wavelength. You can't see the light coming from the flashlight till it hits something phosphorescent. Where is 395nm is closer to blueish/purple color and will have all kind of visible light with it. Like having a blue purple flashlight.. with a little bit of phosphorescent properties.
So I went back to AliExpress and I look at the advertisement for the flashlight. It doesn't mention anything about the 395nm wavelength. I put in the dispute and they're fighting me. I thought this guy Simon was a straight shooter. Not trying to pull BS on people. I mean this guy Simon is Convoy, right ? There's no other people representing Convoy ? That's the way I've understood it for years now... And I've never had a problem till now. Ive probably bought 10 different Convoy flashlights over the years and they've all been great. Maybe he doesn't know he's got the wrong wavelength on these M21A UV Lights . I don't know what to think...
I'm hoping that he'll see this thread and comment on it. They want me to send back to flashlight but they don't want to pay for the shipping, how much is that going to cost? How long will that take. They gave me like a week to get it back to them? They have three weeks to get it to me but I got one week to get it to them. How much would that cost? It wasn't me who put the wrong wavelength in either the flashlight or the advertisement. So why would I pay the return postage this is some BS
I read all the reviews and they're all saying their UV flashlight needs are now met forever.. these are either fake reviews or are someone has no clue what a real UV flashlight is.. like I said I thought this guy Simon was a real straight shooter a stand up guy. I guess I'm about to find out...

If anybody wants beam shots for proof just ask. I'll put them up.
UV LED's can have visible light frequently. I use a spectrometer to see the individual bands of light. A good test for 365nm is a US $100 bill. the strip will fluoresce red under 365, but not under 395nm.

Attachments

• $100RedStripe.jpg
    $100RedStripe.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 60

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
UV LED's can have visible light frequently. I use a spectrometer to see the individual bands of light. A good test for 365nm is a US $100 bill. the strip will fluoresce red under 365, but not under 395nm.
I agree. All of the 365nm LEDs I have will produce some visible bluish-purple output and needs a Woods Glass or dichroic filter to block it. A 395nm NUV LED will not have any output after being filtered by Woods Glass.

The handful of shortwave UVC LEDs that I have produce almost no visible light; some of these come with an additional blue LED mounted on the substrate, with separate electrical connections to it so it can be turned on to indicate that the LED is producing UVC.

Latest posts