Dad's noctigon rattles and has a ring in the beam

fire-stick

Enlightened
I try to help him take care of it, but I dont know if he's lost a part or what. It rattles and has a bad ring when the relfector falls down/light is pointed down.
The o-rings look pretty rough and one is kinda melted to the glass. I did clean the threadsm, but wasn't sure if this light had a white LED centeriong/shim disk like the astrolux ft03. When I hold it above my head I can see about a 2mm gap bwtween LED abd bottom of relector. Could dry rotted rings cause this? I just need to get it lined out, it's the sbt 90.v verion, he paid a pretty penny for that. He loves that thing.

pc_light

Enlightened
I think you're suspicions are correct, it's something having to do with reflector height relative to the LED. Either the melted o-ring, missing centering ring, or reflector spacers (if used).

You didn't mention which model you have but for the KR1 w/SBT90.2 I had, around the inside of the head, there was some white foamy mounted tape type material that I suspect was used to elevate the reflector to the correct focus height for the SBT emitter. From what I've read the lights now come with something a little more permanent/less improvised.

Probably nothing a little TLC couldn't correct.