Delta Issues or "normal" behavior?

klackey

Enlightened
Apparently, my migration into "Prometheus lights" is not going smooth, I am trying to learn the nuances of these lights.

I have a preloved Delta in Black Marbel.

Behavior.... The Leds will not "light" at the .09% level. I can see the Leds flicker, the driver "registers" that they turned on because when I push the switch it jumps to the next level. The "higher" levels are working fine. This is the factory setting Groupe "2".... It had been working fine for several battery changes.

I did switch to a fresh cell and .09% level seems to be working fine but I am left wondering about the behavior with the other used cell. I am surprised of the "used" cell issue as the low power level flash warning was not activated.

So, my basic question is it normal for the low level to stop working before the low-level blink power warning kicks in?

Thanks for any insight.......

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it has something to do with the age of the cell or its wear and tear, and could it be internal resistance?

A friend sent me a link to this site a long time ago, there is information that they still degrade over time

elzilcho

Enlightened
My Delta does the same. Some research led me to threads on another forum, where the consensus is that it's not uncommon for the Dr Jones driver to flicker on the lowest levels if the battery is not absolutely, 100% full. I have the same driver (not the "icarus" version but essentially the same driver) in another light and it does the same, though not nearly to the same degree. In the Delta, the battery only needs to be down off 4.2v by a minute margin to see the behavior. The other light tolerates a much lower voltage before it starts to flicker. The Delta I can use for a day or two before it goes wonky on the lowest setting, the other light makes it over a week of normal use.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the .09% level powered by only 1*7315 chip?
Is how I'm enviosining it works is that low mode uses 1 of the 7135 chips, then the other modes uses the remaining 8*7135 chips, or all 9.