Dismantle Niwalker Vostro BK-FA02

mrsd

Newly Enlightened
Hello i am trying to find out how to dismantle a Niwalker Vostro BK-FA02 without breaking it.
The positive click on the on off ring is not working so the ring just rotates freely and keeps coming on in my bag or the strobe will easily be activated, Really annoying.
I can take apart almost everything else on the torch but when i get to the ring i'm stuck. It looks like it may unscrew but i can faintly see red stuff around the edge of it so i guess its some kind of thread lock. Can you give me any advice please. Thanks

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I do not remember having to take out the ring. But chances are even if you take it out you can't fix the detent. This is a mechanical error so unless you have new parts...............

mrsd

Newly Enlightened
I do not remember having to take out the ring. But chances are even if you take it out you can't fix the detent. This is a mechanical error so unless you have new parts...............

Thanks for the quick reply. I imagine its just a spring and a ball bearing. I possibly could fix it if only i could get the bloody thing apart. For the vendor (Flashaholics) to say the only course of action was to send it back to the manufacturer in China was ridiculous. Thay said if it was any other brand it would have been a straight replacement.
If it is loctite holding it together i dont hold out much hope of opening it without damaging it. I had not had it very long so doesn't say much for the build quality.

Thanks for your help.