Do 1.5 x 5 mm trits fit ok in slots meant for 1.5 x 6 mm trits?

thepocketwizard

Newly Enlightened
Given the fact trits are hard to come by these days, and beggars can't be choosers, does anyone have a pic or could take one of 1.5 x 5 mm trit/s in 1.5 x 6 mm slot/s? I'm in the market for roughly a dozen of the larger of those 2 sizes, but ideally would like to see if it would work/look decent enough to not bug me aesthetically.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Well, is a .040 difference. Not huge but side by side you will see it.

In my limited experience with mounting tritium, using glue only on the back of the vial might make the size difference more obvious because of the empty space left over. If the slot is filled with clear optical glue (like Norland 61), it can have a lens effect and make the vial appear larger if the final cure surface is flat or convex. A concave cure surface might have the opposite effect, making it visually appear smaller. Also the color of the base material can make the size difference more obvious; I'd imagine lighter color metal base will make the gap more visible.

Edit: also the extra gap might make consistently centering each vial across the slots more difficult.