do multiple led lights still provide light when one goes out?

tom-

Enlightened
Did a search and didn't find any info :eek:, are these lights like the old Christmas tree strands or do the 'good' emitters continue to operate, is there language I need to look for when shopping?-tnks in advance.

tom-

Enlightened
FRITZHID tnks, I'll start reading descriptions to see if this info is given.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
A clue is given if they indicate what combinations of LED light up for different lighting conditions.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix LD50 works.

Yeah the Fenix LD50 and LD60 I think both are great lights if you are looking for something specifically for potential emergency preparedness. Those lights are great because not only could you ceiling bounce them and they have good high and low settings, but you can use any combination of 1 to several 18650's or 1 or multiple sets of cr123's in them. Amazing honestly. Also much safer with multiple 18650's as voltage differences don't matter. I'm still wanting an LD60 because of that.

Illum

Flashaholic
If a christmas tree light string tells you lamps are hot swappable, they are in parallel. Most instances of LED failure they have all failed closed circuit, so the rest of the string will still work, but dimmer unless the driver has PFC, as the failed LED behaves like an inline resistor