Dorcy Headlamp rivals Fenix??

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I'm betting the light isn't regulated because I seriously doubt you can get 200 lumens out for 8 hours off 2AA batteries. Medium mode and high don't seem to have much spacing between them, 8 vs 11 hours suggests that they are too close together to be useful. In other words it has a low medium-high and high mode. The fenix 2AA puts out 140 lumens for about 4 hours and I seriously doubt that any other 2AA light can beat that by 50% more output for twice the runtime which is about 3 times the light.
I'm guessing the dorcy starts bright and dims to nothing (10%) while the fenix is regulated and would hold the 140 lumens for 3+ hours while the dorcy would be at maybe 50-60 lumens at that time.

Sarratt

Enlightened
I agree with you Lynx Arc .... though I should have pointed out that Dorcy specifically discusses the Ansi standards :
http://www.dorcy.com/t-ansi.aspx

I'm still sticking with my Fenix HL30 (the old version)

Just to add one more little thing about the Dorcy .... I can see times when the little ''tripod stand" might be useful.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I agree with you Lynx Arc .... though I should have pointed out that Dorcy specifically discusses the Ansi standards :
http://www.dorcy.com/t-ansi.aspx
Ansi ratings don't tell you what the runtime curve looks like I'm guessing there is a steep drop on high down to where medium starts quickly which is why the two modes are so close together in runtimes. The ansi 10% rating really ends up having non regulated lights with a lot of runtime that isn't useful and nowhere near the lumen output advertised at that level.
I'm still sticking with my Fenix HL30 (the old version)

Just to add one more little thing about the Dorcy .... I can see times when the little ''tripod stand" might be useful.

It looks like a useful light, very nice design too except one thing I didn't like about the design is the need to remove a screw and screw that screw in the tripod and screw it into the headband attachment. They could have made it easier like slide or snap in that didn't require a "tool" to accomplish. If the price on this light dropped some and we had a decent review exposing its runtimes and features it may be of interest. I think for now the light is priced too near to the fenix one which has superior electronics that would have to be overcome by features.