Electric scooter fire kills 8

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's because of a problem with the battery of one of the scooters, maybe the scooter's charger overloaded the wiring in the store, maybe it's arson (someone fell asleep with a cigarette). In India, all options are equally likely. Scooters burn well.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is terrible news. There's a shop owner a block down from my apartment building selling a couple of electric scooters used for $800 each. Seriously considered making an offer on one. Very happy I changed my mind.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Not worth buying those used. They're manufactured solely with price in mind, which means cutting corners on the battery and everything else.

Me and some others are pushing to make LiFePO4 batteries mandatory for e-bikes and other electric micromobility. That would end these needless fires.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious: Is there any U.S. based company that produces these things? (location of production line completely aside.)

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious: Is there any U.S. based company that produces these things? (location of production line completely aside.)
In a town I once lived in, there was a bar called 'I Don't Know'. In another part of town, there was another bar called 'I Don't Know Either'.
Cheers!:)

Last edited: