Elzetta

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I have to admit, my purchase with them was stellar! They gave me 20 percent off for being a new subscriber and created a new account. It made my first Elzetta purchase only 121 dollars vs 150! Now I just wait for my new item to arrive in the mail and I hope it holds up to how great their website is. Side note, I love that I can buy a custom light from them. I got a single cell, clicky tail cap, smooth bezel with a projection lens. Pretty neat!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My first Alpha was the 315 lumen model. It had a flickering hi/lo tailcap. Elzetta offered to fix it if I mailed it to them. I declined and tossed it against a tree under hand knife throw style until the switch hit the tree just right and turned it on. Then until the switch hit the tree and turned it off. Now I'm no good at tossing a knife under hand so my arm was none-too happy. Neither was the tree. The Alpha? It said "pfffft, can I have another?" It was blemish free minus some scars on the switch cover.

I really liked the 415 lumen version. So much I bought a second one when they had them on clearance.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
'Alpha Gen 3'?

If I lost mine tonight, I'd have another ordered by sunrise.
Elzetta thanks you

If I didn't have a gen 2 I'd probably opt for the new one, but when I tried their G-Line RCR light that sealed the deal for me regarding adding a gen 3 Alpha to the quiver. I'll admit the Alpha and it's tail cap on switch with a hi/lo option is more user friendly.

I can get 500 lumens or 0.5 lumens from the G and with a tug on the head can change settings and turn it on to whichever setting I stopped at. I keep an Alpha and a G on my bedside table. The Alpha gets used when I need light in an instant followed by a flash/bang where the G lights my path during the 2am nature call if my little incan jewel thief number blows a bulb.

Oh, and I would not need to order a new one. I'd just have to remember where I stashed my spare Alpha. 👍

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and I would not need to order a new one. I'd just have to remember where I stashed my spare Alpha. 👍

I almost never buy 2 of any flashlight, aside from a couple I really liked and believed might be going out of production (and did), but having used mine for over a year now, I'd agree the Alpha might be worthy of the 'N+1' thing. I really would hate to be without it now. At some point I might use that 'discount' I believe they issued me when I registered. Hmmm.....

Latest posts