Evolva T38 809 IR hunting torch

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a zoomable infrared light, runs on an 18650, and has three modes: high, med, low. I'm wondering if anyone has any hands on experience?

angerdan

Enlightened
What do you expect?

It differs from others like the UltraFire WF-501B IR through its zoom mechanism. Which ist only $18 instead of $50 for the Evolva.
I wonder if 3modes are necessary.

Andybig

Newly Enlightened
The T38 Ir has taken over from the T20 Ir.
Mainly because the front lens and pill are easier to remove than the T20.

Both the T20 and the T38 usually have the same lens and Ir LED which allows for a more user friendly option than the preset 501 that does not have the quick twist zoom function or the T20/T38.

Ideally you want one with a 3 mode driver so you can control the output so you dont over power your night vision device with Ir light.
The new, more powerful Oslon 4715AS Ir LED has been released but iv not seen them built into the any T20's or T38's on sale on ebay yet.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you expect?

It differs from others like the UltraFire WF-501B IR through its zoom mechanism. Which ist only $18 instead of $50 for the Evolva.
I wonder if 3modes are necessary.

I'm hoping someone who has used this can tell me if it is a decent flashlight, or a big hunk of garbage. More specifically, I'm wondering if it makes an effective IR illuminator using Gen3 NV, how well the zoom works, and if there is any visible light from the emitter to the naked eye.

A friend has ordered something similar and said it was basically a white LED with a red filter on it. I'm trying to research before I buy, but there isn't a whole lot of info on this light.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many thanks AD - I can't access the site linked in the other thread from work, but I'll be sure to check it out tonight from home.

Andybig

Newly Enlightened
Iv already replied to this but its on hold because im a newbie on the forum.
Now i know your using a Gen 3 night vision device i can say this is exactly what you need.
Dont both with any Ir flashlight within the 900nm range.
Gen 3 works better within the 800nm range.
You need as much variation in power as you can get.
The T38 with the 3 power modes is just what you want plus you have the option to focus the beam.
That way you wont over power your Gen3 device.
A T38 will let you see under trees out to 200 meters when used with a Gen 3 night vision device.

Just be careful not to shine the T38 on anything to close because that could reflect back and over a short period damage the tube.

Latest posts