Extra bright bulbs for 18 volt lights?

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Due to how bad 18v incandescent bulbs are that come with lights like the old Ryobi ONE+ blue light and various Chinese versions, a Krypton or anything in 18 volts that's better than the worse than a candle bulbs which come with the lights would be nice. The stock bulbs are so bad an Olight i1R2 (not the Pro, the original i1R2) outshines them.

Doesn't need to throw, doesn't need a spot, just wide and BRIGHT. A worklight needs to actually illuminate a work area.

I've wasted $ on a few LED bulbs but so far they're all horrible. Not very bright and the worst light coverage you could imagine.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
So what are some? Preferably a drop in replacement but I'm not averse to making permanent alterations. The reflector is metal. Might be able to find a glass round for the lens. Don't know if I want to go so far as to fit it with a heat sink and drill vent holes to put in one of those 'star' style LEDs.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what are some? Preferably a drop in replacement but I'm not averse to making permanent alterations. The reflector is metal. Might be able to find a glass round for the lens. Don't know if I want to go so far as to fit it with a heat sink and drill vent holes to put in one of those 'star' style LEDs.
What kind, type and how many cells of rechargeables battery is using? Do you want to recharge in same charger or you want to recharge outside the flashlight?
What is wattage of original bulb and how bright do you want after upgrade?
What is diameter of plastic lens?

Do you have picture of bulb?
One of
these may fit and work.

Last edited:

Galane

Newly Enlightened
What kind, type and how many cells of rechargeables battery is using? Do you want to recharge in same charger or you want to recharge outside the flashlight?
What is wattage of original bulb and how bright do you want after upgrade?
What is diameter of plastic lens?

Do you have picture of bulb?
One of
these may fit and work.
It needs to run off an 18 volt Ryobi ONE+ battery, no matter how many amp-hours. A regulator or driver that will fit inside the light would be a good thing. One of these

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing is plastic, uses standard pr base bulbs, 18v, that makes 325lm. You could try to find a more powerful 18v pr base bulb, but i doubt you'll find one, i do not think anyone makes it, even if you did, plastic parts inside would not take it well. you either need to redo entire head, (time consuming, not that cheap, if you consider everything involved into making a new head) or just get a new Ryobi led light, that works with your one+ system.