Fire Fox FF-5(4300K) Beam-shots. This thing is a monster !!!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fire Fox FF-5 Beam-shots. This thing is a monster !!!

Can we buy these here in the States..? looks really nice for the price... WOW

unfortunately there is no us distributor for these. Have to buy them from china. however they are shipped via DHL express and so it takes less then a week to get.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Xeray warned about the un-encapsulated bulb putting out UV light. Someone mentioned to me that the lens itself was supposed to block the UV. I tested it out and that does not seem to be the case. Unless if for some reason the lens is selective about 365nm wavelength specifically, I don't think it's blocking anything.

qrpvfHN.jpg

Thanks for that. I hope a UV blocking lens can be provided.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Even if we don't have a UV blocking lens, you can manage risk by using in a safe
manner.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

It's very challenging to get beamshots that accurately capture what you see. You have to use a camera with fixed shutter and f-stop iris settings that doesn't auto-adjust.

Fresh Light

Enlightened

Ordered mine today. Thanks for the great pictures. That 1.2 Mlux hotspot is insane when it goes with 10,000 Lumens. I have the FF3 and FF4 and have always been impressed by those.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Ordered mine today. Thanks for the great pictures. That 1.2 Mlux hotspot is insane when it goes with 10,000 Lumens. I have the FF3 and FF4 and have always been impressed by those.

If like me you have enjoyed the FF3 & FF4, you will be blown away by the FF5. I can guarantee your satisfaction also having the earlier models, and especially to get this increased performance for this price.

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened

I'm in the US and got mine from Neal's gadgets. Good price and excellent quality although he takes forever to ship and doesn't respond to emails.

the light is truly incredible. I can go for a half hour walk and keep it on high the entire time. Barely gets warm whereas my LED lights are red hot after a little while on turbo

A_L_R_O_M

Newly Enlightened

I'm pretty much sure it will block the most dangerous part of UV 150-250 nm as it uses borosilicate glass ( correct me if i'm wrong)
I'm using my Nighthunter xn01 290W MOD, which is using mercury bulb to provide light, and it's all fine even after long exposure from the beam an playing close.