• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Flashlight idea....

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
...for Curt. What do you guys think of this?

What would you think of taking an El Cap or a Logan and putting another head at the tail. A 5mm led head, as small as possible, with just enough room for a coin cell watch battery. It would give a low output and I think it would be short enough to not add any more overall length than a current key chain body. Leave the opening just small enough to let the light out and recessed enough to allow tail standing.

Yay? Nay?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure Curt could whip-up a double ended El Cap body. You could use the El Cap head on one end, and a Kilimanjaro on the other. Maybe a double ended 14250 body? :naughty:

The Shasta and Baltic use the same threading, and a double ended N cell body is, or was available.

Curt R

Enlightened
Interesting idea, I'll think on it.

The double ended 'N' cell body is in stock and the Shasta head has been upgraded to the XPG LED with the same
optic and electronics as in the Eiger.

Curt

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
5mm LED serving as the 'find me' glow / low low. Click it it gets brighter, click again it gets dimmer.

Edit: The 'parasitic' drain of even a 5mm LED at visible-outside-a-coal-chute drain could make a 'find me' glow impractical.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of something that looked more like a twisty tailcap that just happens to have a 5mm, or other, led in it. Not a constant on / find me light.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on size, if not too small, it could make a unique jogging light with a white on one end and red on the other with maybe a diffuser and having them both on at the same time for maximum safety.

Curt R

Enlightened
A night jogging light with a XPG white #7 or #6 to light up the path and a red XPE #4 attached to your hat or head band would work very well. Nite-Ize makes a head band that would hold the Shasta double-ended battery light. I don't know if there would be enough requirements for this type of light to make up a special run of double-ended AAA battery Eiger battery compartments though. I could not see making up a hundred of them and sell only 5 or 10. That would be a minimum quantity to justify the expense and time required to do that.

Curt

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
A night jogging light with a XPG white #7 or #6 to light up the path and a red XPE #4 attached to your hat or head band would work very well. Nite-Ize makes a head band that would hold the Shasta double-ended battery light. I don't know if there would be enough requirements for this type of light to make up a special run of double-ended AAA battery Eiger battery compartments though. I could not see making up a hundred of them and sell only 5 or 10. That would be a minimum quantity to justify the expense and time required to do that.

Curt

You're most likely right about selling that many of that jogging light, but I could see the double ended battery holder doing well with any 2 Eiger heads of the customer's choice.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened

Curt
Nite-Ize headbands are great- I tried one of mine out with several of my Peaks last night- the stretchy loop tube has an inner and outer layer- so I was able to fit a Shasta 3 led on the inner and an older 5 snow led Kilimanjaro on the outer- they only issue was the weight-because they were both brass- it would still work, but would likely slip if jogging- fyi- when just using the outer (larger loop) I was able to fit my Night Patrol HA with the 2x123/1865o body- it fit just fine. Will try to post a pic later.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Interesting idea, I'll think on it.

The double ended 'N' cell body is in stock and the Shasta head has been upgraded to the XPG LED with the same
optic and electronics as in the Eiger.

Curt

Are there any Shasta bodies left in stock other than the double ended?

Latest posts