Foursevens

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I am not familiar with Foursevens (4sevens). How does this compare to Fenix and Olight? I've seen a couple of their lights and I'm intrigued.

Foursevens is a venerable brand; David Chou (founder) was among the first to offer reasonably high output, small form factor flashlights with rugged build quality at affordable prices. The Foursevens brand is now owned by Prometheus (another well-known brand, known for custom lights built to exacting standards). You can trust the specifications recited on the Prometheus website for the Foursevens lights, they're spot on. If one of the Foursevens lights appeals to you, buy it.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember when their 1x AA light was considered the best there was. That thing put out 90 lumens on high. And that was amazing compared to Incan. We've definitely come a long ways. I'd like to see lux figures on their site though

Many folks run a 14500 cell in their
Quark Mini AA (me included) without any problems. The lumen output on a 14500 cell jumps to somewhere in the vicinity of 300 OTF lumens on the highest setting, which is still to this day a really useful output for a light about the size of a Chapstick tube.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not familiar with Foursevens (4sevens). How does this compare to Fenix and Olight? I've seen a couple of their lights and I'm intrigued.
Fenix, Olight, and 47's all had a business relationship with David Chow's flashlight sales websites..

After David sold the Fenix-Store in 2011,

David started the 47s lights brand, which were built by Olight.

David then sold the 47s brand in 2018, to darksucks

afaik, 47s, as well as the Prometheus Betas, are made by Olight, under contract with Darksucks

the biggest difference between the brands is that Fenix and Olight do not cater to the High CRI market, while 47's and darksucks does.

They're OK. I guess. If you're into that sorta thing.

IMG_0033.jpeg

^ State of the collection circa 2018.

The rest of them circa 2018.
IMG_1019.JPG

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I still have my original 47's preon 2 and mini ml. My first edc light was the preon 2 and after a couple years I upgraded to the mini ml and carried that a few years.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were and are an excellent brand. Still have my old 4Sevens Quark Pro 2A. Still nothing beats it in the 2 AA emergency/survival flashlight category.

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have an original 2AA Quark hi-cri and a 2x123 Quark hi-cri. These both have the XPG 3700k tint led's in the them. I also have a 2x123 Quark tactical with the big thrower head. Can't remember the model number.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I still use my Quark Tactical Neutral with a 14500 all the time around the house... I have yet to find a comparable light with momentary switch... the deep carry clip I added is also great.

340pd

Newly Enlightened
The product line has served me well. A Preon 2 (car backup), an original Quark (son in laws bedside), two Quark Mk III AA's (car), and one Mk III 16650 (just because). Great value, solid performers.

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
I still have my original 47's preon 2 and mini ml. My first edc light was the preon 2 and after a couple years I upgraded to the mini ml and carried that a few years.
Mini ML was my favorite light 8-10 years ago for edc, and you know what... for my needs today it still is. Back then I liked them so much I had ordered 3! ... Now I'm down to 1 last one... Plenty bright and TINY...