Holiday color bulbs

actusreus73

Newly Enlightened
I bought some Philips a19 60 watt bulbs and needed 11 of them. The ones on the far ends of my house wouldn't light up because my Wi-Fi signal is too weak. I bought a SmartThings hub to instead connect them to a zigbee or Z-Wave set of bulbs, and I'm wondering what everyone's suggestion is for the best bang for my buck on bulbs. So, to clarify, I need color that will work in an enclosure outside, that don't rely on wifi, and that are cheaper than the $50 Philips ones they sell at home Depot

I vaguely remember people saying the Ikea bulbs (zigbee) would work with a generic Zigbee profile even though the package says you need their hub.

• IKEA smart lighting products use the ZigBee Light Link, which is an open standards protocol aimed at remote control. The lights create a mesh network with each other, enabling each light to pass on messages to the next. IKEA Smart Lighting products are compatible with other products according to the ZigBee Alliance. You can find more information at: zigbee.org
  • The IKEA Smart lighting products are certified as ZigBee Light Link and are compatible with other products according to the ZigBee Alliance. You can find more information at zigbee.org.
  • Today, the TRÅDFRI devices do not support IFTTT. However, IKEA continues the journey towards a smarter home for the many people.