I need a recommendation

LordDune

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm new on the forums however i've read up on a few flashlight reviews here and i need a recommendation on a replacement flashlight for a old xenon tactical ive been using. Basically i've looked at the lumapower mrv, and the Coast Focusing Lenser w/Seoul P4. which one would be better? Basically i would be using it for work (Construction Related) which would be in basements with no light source or windows, so i tend to use it for a primary light source (pointing it up on the ceiling and letting the spill light up the room or looking between walls, electrical repair, piping etc.) also for outdoors when its dark so i can see my way when i walk around. Any other flashlight recommendations are welcome too!

Thanks

Last edited:

jc28841

Newly Enlightened
Hi LordDune, welcome to the Light :)

Have you seen the Fenix line? I believe the lights you mention are more for throw (don't own them myself; only like AA/AAA batteries. That Lumapower does look pretty sweet though :D) Since you're using indoors, throw might not be very important?

Personally, I find the Fenix L2DCE a lovely light for any purpose. Not too large, throws *reasonably* well, good spill, and uses common cheap AA cells. Only about $50 at Fenix-store.com

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy it greatly and your life will be just that much brighter.

Enjoy...

frank777

Enlightened
I would stick with the lumapower. Two of my Coast flashlights have had quality problems (flickering). Both my Lumapowers have always run flawlessly. Fenix is a good choice too.

luigi

Enlightened
From your descripton of the use you plan for the light I wouldn't go with any of your options, both are good throwing lights and you need a floody beam.

A Fenix P3D will probably be fine it can tailstand fine and has several brightness levels you can quickly change. The P3D has very good runtime so it will probably work fine for your application.

Luigi