Ideas to attach flashlights to a bicycle (Please no duct tape ideas)

max503

Newly Enlightened
For a rear light I used an extra pump mount. The pump mount attaches to the rear rack. Holds my red flashlight safe and secure.

angerdan

Enlightened
The Fenix ALB-10 with split mounting system
Fenix ALB-10 Flashlight Bike Mount
Fenix ALB-10 Quick-Release Bike Mount - Fenix-Store

imagehandler.ashxwidtuiody.jpg

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I picked up a few of the Fenix ALB-10. It's pretty cheap - constantly coming loose and tilting down. It's not very quick to get the light out either (though quick enough for a thief to get at if you leave your bike locked up somewhere!)

My pet peave - the cheap CPFers who when someone suggest a $10 solution, look for $8 solution or 3 for $10.
Your money I know, and its your prerogative if you want to spend $50 on a half dozen cheap ideas that none of them REALLY work.
I just don't see that many people calling out for higher quality - and willing to pay for it! Wouldn't it be nice to have 1 light, 1 mount that REALLY worked smooth and good instead of lots of cheapies?

I should clarify on the cheapie Fenix holders (and they make several versions of cheapie holders - you can get 1 of each. There's 4 that I know of...) I was using a "Larger" EDC light on a mountain bike and ride off road and hop curbs in the city. If your a "gentle rider" sure it may work.

chumanji9

Newly Enlightened
If your light has tripod threads, such as some of the new powerful lights. You can use a "Minoura Handlebar camera mount." Its made out of AL and can handle some of the heavier lights.[h=1][/h]