identify this Surefire housing?

masterP

Newly Enlightened
hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question so my apologies if I'm in the wrong section.

I've had this Surefire universal housing and pressure switch for the longest time.....I know how the pressure switch works but have no clue what the housing is for? it isn't long enough to add another CR123 battery

does anyone know what it's for?

also, another question, the tail cap....can I get the guts for it so I can use it as a regular tail cap without the pressure switch? I much prefer the older larger button. they're easier to click momentary on

Surefire never responds to any of my emails. thanks for any help

screen capture windows

dss_777

Enlightened
I think that universal housing is an A21- meant for adding a single cell to the older styled Surefire weaponlights. Can't be used directly with 6P handheld lights. The different A19 model extender would be used to either extend a 2 cell light to 3-cell (i.e., 6P to 9P), or make a single cell (i.e., 3P) with donor head and tailcap switch.

Comment re: A21 housing: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-Solarforce&p=2791769&viewfull=1#post2791769

Look up the old 3P threads here for examples...

Like this: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?220141-Surefire-3P-parts-with-Malkoff-P7

I would also doubt that tailcap can be fitted with switch guts, but have no clue if that is true. Hope some of the real SF gurus will come along soon and clarify...

masterP

Newly Enlightened
I think that universal housing is an A21- meant for adding a single cell to the older styled Surefire weaponlights. Can't be used directly with 6P handheld lights. The different A19 model extender would be used to either extend a 2 cell light to 3-cell (i.e., 6P to 9P), or make a single cell (i.e., 3P) with donor head and tailcap switch.

Comment re: A21 housing: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...s-Solarforce&p=2791769&viewfull=1#post2791769

Look up the old 3P threads here for examples...

Like this: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?220141-Surefire-3P-parts-with-Malkoff-P7

I would also doubt that tailcap can be fitted with switch guts, but have no clue if that is true. Hope some of the real SF gurus will come along soon and clarify...

awesome, thanks.....I could never find any info on it. I can use the pressure switch on my 6Z, 6PX but I couldn't add another cell with the universal housing and couldn't figure what it's used for

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks somehow like a housing to add a 3rd battery cell to the 2 cells already used with a 6P,
You tried that and it did not work?

The tailcap looks like an older stlye one, like the momentary push / twist constant on on older 6P (round head) models.
Searching for the spring + metal part inside and the old rubber cap will be difficult
The easiest "fix" surely is, to get an actual klicky switch tailcap.

Especially as You would still need yours for the pressure switch

masterP

Newly Enlightened
looks somehow like a housing to add a 3rd battery cell to the 2 cells already used with a 6P,
You tried that and it did not work?

The tailcap looks like an older stlye one, like the momentary push / twist constant on on older 6P (round head) models.
Searching for the spring + metal part inside and the old rubber cap will be difficult
The easiest "fix" surely is, to get an actual klicky switch tailcap.

Especially as You would still need yours for the pressure switch

tried to add 3 cells....too short

the tail cap works with the pressure switch, I just took it apart for the pic

yeah, I kinda figured it would be hard to get the old parts for it. I like the old Surefire's way more than the new ones....but with a Malkoff upgrade

Up All Night

Enlightened
dss 777 is correct. That is an A21 adapter and it is used to convert older weapon lights into hand-held units. Add that and a tail cap to a L30, L60 or L90 and you're good to go. It is more of a 3/4 of a cell extender.
Check out post #1084 in the surefire lego thread and scroll down, angelofwar has some diagrams laid out beautifully. Kudos to A.O.W.! :thumbsup:

If it is as minty as it looks in the pic and you want to move it, I'd be interested. Don't see them on our side of the border often.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Looks like the early upgrade kit to turn a SF 6P into a weapon mounted 6R with the rechargeable NiCad pack (B65). Only thing lacking is the 1" ring.

Up All Night

Enlightened
6P to 6R requires an A14 extender to accommodate a B65 Ni-Cad stick and is considerably longer than the pictured A21. An A14 will add 50 mm in cell length. Add an A14 to a 9P to run 3 AAs, as an example.