im a sony fan boy and i admit it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
been a fan boy since my first sony walkman in around 1984. i even lovred minidisc. did some horse trading a few days ago and got some song bluetooth head phones they trully are amazeing best sound i have ever heard and they remove all unwantee noise. almost scary how well they work

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a Sony fanboy but do believe whenever I buy a product with the Sony name it'll probably be a good value that lasts.

The early walkman was amazing. They sounded great but what I remember was being able to capture signals from my favorite rock and roll stations off in the distance. Our local radio stations played the same music over and over while stations at the beach played more variety.

It was also cool to be able to turn the volume down and hear the world around too. I liked the open air design. Still do.

scout24

Flashaholic
7th grade, borrowing a Walkman and popping AC/DC's Back in Black cassette tape in and cranking the volume is one of my best memories of that era. Incredible sound compared to anything else. As long as you has a good supply of (gasp!) AA alkalines on hand! 😁

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My first cd walkman sucked batteries dry often before the disc had finished. It was a walkman "sport" model. I do remember my teenage son had one he said "oh I can play 5 or 6 before the batteries run out. And in the 90's before I installed an mp3 player in the garage a walkman cd player could last several hours. That was when I discovered lithium aa batteries worked in cold weather. We installed a satelite speaker system in the roof of the garage and plugged it to a walkman until the mp3 player arrived.

EE4F092A-E59A-4311-B286-5007F7222865.jpeg

Took a picture recently that showed the now playing plaque is still attached to a metal shelf where we used to display the cd case above it like record stores used to.

The year the walkman arrived in our house my brother got a cassette player version and I got the radio version. His stayed idle mostly because he'd have to spend half of his meager paycheck on batteries. But if I recall correct his had more sturdy headphones.

Man the AC/DC back in black hit our town like an atomic bomb.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i recall being amazed to carry walkman and 3 or 4 cassetes and walk around sound was so good also recal my ps1