Jetbeam RRT01 Raptor latest gen

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat concept. Clicky with infinite lumen settings with the magnetic ring. The tint is nice.
The lumens are underdelivered but I expected that. There is no way it's 900 lumens. 500-550 maybe. Roughly comparable in lux to M61 but with somewhat bigger hotspot that would explain the extra 100 lumens or so.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I brought one recently, tint is ok if you like pure white. I swapped it out for a dedomed 519a

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that probably has around 4000-4500K tint. Came factory like that.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I still don't understand why selector ring flashlights never caught on. It's my favorite interface, but these days your options are ancient used Surefire, offshore brand, and two guys in a garage boutique.
Fenix has one model. Saw it, nearly bought it. Thinking it was a modern reinterpretation of the SureFire U2. Then I realized it has no tailcap switch to instantly give you Turbo mode. Fenix has tailcap mounted selector rings on a couple of models. But those are limited to 3 modes only. Then there's Nextorch with their magnetic tailcap rings. (Also for modes.)

I think the main issue is, all of those models (except the almost U2 one) have selector rings that rotate far too easily. Imagine needing Turbo, having it on that setting, reaching for your light but you end up getting low-mode. Or worse, no output at all because the switch rotated to lock-out by accident. It's why I never bought those other Fenix models nor any Nextorch ones either.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still don't understand why selector ring flashlights never caught on. It's my favorite interface, but these days your options are ancient used Surefire, offshore brand, and two guys in a garage boutique.

Magnetic selector rings are a nice UI until they go wrong (like my RRT-15) however that didn't stop me from purchasing the multi spectrum RRT-26 and most definitely wouldn't deter me from this little beauty or the multi spectrum 1M Guardian 👍

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im also a big fan of the RRT-01 control ring UI

fwiw, on the 2020 model, the control ring resistance can be increased by adding Nyogel 767a through the hole in the control ring

not a fan of the Low CRI Nichia they chose, but I like how well the RRT-01 reflector works w both domed and dedomed 519a.. also works great w 219b swaps

personal favorite, 2011 RRT-01 w sw45k
Rqsrgbf.jpg

with a couple other rotaries
K1sDfMh.jpg

2020 RRT-01 size compared to HDS:
yBFfFFX.jpg