Leatherman Rebar - The Sofirn of multitools?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Victorinox Pioneer X looks like a nice multi-knife. I've been thinking about ordering one for a while.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Also, Victorinoxes have no pliers, right? At least they didn't the last time I visited a reseller...
Hi dmenezes,
Wrong. :)
Victorinox 85mm, 91mm, 111mm and 130mm series of KNIVES all have models that include pliers. They are not the pliers you'll find on the Swisstool but they are really precise and solid. The "Evo" series (85mm) have a 2 position set of pliers, allowing a bigger opening.

The Victorinox website is well documented. Each model is detailed with proper info & pics.

Also, in case of mishap, people have sent their SAKs back to Victorinox for maintenance or repair well beyond 25 years after purchase.

Attachments

• WC tools-04.jpg
    WC tools-04.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 100

dmenezes

Newly Enlightened
some of them do have, like the Tinker, Handyman, Swiss Champ, RangerGrip and some other models

Victorinox 85mm, 91mm, 111mm and 130mm series of KNIVES all have models that include pliers. They are not the pliers you'll find on the Swisstool but they are really precise and solid. The "Evo" series (85mm) have a 2 position set of pliers, allowing a bigger opening.

Thank you both @fulee9999 and @coffeecup66, for setting me straight.

I love my Leathermans, but given the recently reported issues my next multi-tool may well be a Victorinox.

dmenezes

Newly Enlightened
Totally OT, but as the forum software won't let me PM him, here it goes:

@coffeecup66, Regarding your signature:
I'm not a PC person... and apple can go F*** itself in the lake.

Please pardon my curiosity, and I'm in full agreement about apple going to F*** itself, but why "in the lake"? :)

And about not being a PC person, and obviously not apple either, but what do you use re: computers? Linux?

Please feel free to ignore if I'm prying too much...

coffeecup66

Enlightened
...but why "in the lake"? :)
It comes from something an old friend said a looooooong time ago when we were teenagers. It was odd to hear him curse in english in that fashion, so it stuck ! 😃

And "... not being PC..." is just for the play on words... ... or is it ?!! 😁