Lights similar to Thrunite Catapult V6

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys Blglov here. I have a Thrunite Catapult V6. I believe without looking up stats, that the V6 has 1,700 Lumen output with 700m and some change for throw. I love the light for the size and throw/brightness it has. Anything similar size maybe ran off two 18650's or one 26650. Looking for around maybe 2,500-3000lumens with similar or maybe a couple hundred more meters of throw. Looking for a decently durable and reliable light. I have 13 torches all together so it's not like it's used everyday. Maybe every 3-4weeks I use a few lights, I rarely drop my lights but if I do accidentally drop it I would like it to work still. Most lights I've dropped have been fine. I had an original Fenix Pd35 that I beat the crap out of at a metal shop job. It started to flicker and now doesn't turn on at all. Got my light fetish going in 2014 with the PD35, bummer it's messed up and outside of the 5 year warranty. I've talked to Fenix rep before named Colt and he was pretty helpful. Told me to send it in and they'll fix it even though it's outside of warranty. Colt also said if it's something major I made need to pay for some of it. Fenix lights have been good to me including the pd35. Lots of dents on the tail cap and flashlight hit head housing the LED. Maybe a connection failed or something. *anys back to topic of post. If anybody has any ideas of my previously mentioned criteria that would be awesome* Thanks, Blglov.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody know if Vinh works on these Thrunite Catapult V6s? I'm sure he could boost it to my specs I had mentioned or even better, if he does mod this light model. Thanks.

NPL

Enlightened
Throwers usually use smaller LEDs like xhp35 and xp-l Hi. The xhp35 usually tops out at 2000 lumens. If you want 3000 lumens, and throw, you will have to go with a significantly larger light that either uses a larger LED in a much bigger reflector, or multiple small LEDs also housed in a bigger reflector.

The expensive SBT90 led is now being used in some new flashlights that is capable of high lumens and good throw, but I believe it is very power hungry.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

SKV89

Enlightened
I just received the Speras T1 with the Osram 2mm White Flat. It uses 2x 18650 and the light is very good quality. It throws much farther than the Catapult yet still have a usable spill. I highly recommend this light especially if you use M4DM4X coupon.

The NI40 with SBT90.2 will also out throw the Catapult V6 and makes 4,000 lumens. The upcoming FT03 with the SBT90.2 will throw even farther. However, these are all a bit bigger than the Catapult.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only way to get what you want is to use a larger light, or sacrifice some throw for lumen output.

Something with a ~70mm head and either a dedomed XHP50.2 or ideally an SBT90.2 would be your best bet.

Vinh offers a slight boost to the Cat6, but it's only like a 10% gain and not worth it. The Cat6 is perfect at what it does right from the factory.

Blglov

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. I'm still learning the different specs for LEDs and which emitters will fit what and the purposes of each. I think I'll just stick with my Catapult v6 till maybe they come out with an improved version if and when that happens.