Little Daimon from the fifties or sixties... of use again due to 21700!

325addict

Enlightened
IMG_5827.JPG

325addict

Enlightened
Hmmm.... After attaching a picture, I don't seem to have the possibility to add text... so I do it here ;-)
This little gem was for sale on the German ebay, and as it is a 2R10 "duplex" flashlight, it will take a 21700 cell without problems. I use a 3.8V / 0.3A E10 bulb in it, which gives more than enough light to light up my sleeping room when I wake up at night.

IMG_5828.JPG

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i did the same for a neighbor with a 2r10 light he got while in the service.
his has been dormant for 40+ years due to lack of a battery.
its all metal and uses pr bulbs.
21700 and a 3 cell xenon works nicely in it.

fuyume

Enlightened
Hmmm.... After attaching a picture, I don't seem to have the possibility to add text... so I do it here ;-)
This little gem was for sale on the German ebay, and as it is a 2R10 "duplex" flashlight, it will take a 21700 cell without problems. I use a 3.8V / 0.3A E10 bulb in it, which gives more than enough light to light up my sleeping room when I wake up at night.

View attachment 15545
Wow, that is a beauty. What a find! I must admit, though, to some hesitation about anything related to Germany of that era, especially given the resurgence of fascism all over the world. As a person of German descent, and as a libertarian, I find it disturbing that so many people still glorify authoritarianism, and seek out old collectibles to nurse a sickening agenda.

Some information I found about Paul Schmidt and the Daimon company:

Last edited:

325addict

Enlightened
Wow, that is a beauty. What a find! I must admit, though, to some hesitation about anything related to Germany of that era, especially given the resurgence of fascism all over the world. As a person of German descent, and as a libertarian, I find it disturbing that so many people still glorify authoritarianism, and seek out old collectibles to nurse a sickening agenda.

Some information I found about Paul Schmidt and the Daimon company:

For me, this is just a nice little flashlight of a long gone era, with a build quality that will last and last and last... probably it will outlast me. It was advertised as "in collectible condition" which turned out to be true. I changed the bulb to a 3.8V / 300mA standard flashlight bulb, loaded one 21700 cell, flicked the switch and... it worked. Flawlessly. I really think it will outlast me...