Looking for H11 to H9 wiring adaptor...

weedkill3

Newly Enlightened
Besides Bulbzilla:

Are there any other brands that do h11 to h9 adaptors?

Can anyone link...I tried searching on Google but I cannot find any... i see 9006 to h11 , etc

I know trimming an h9 , but im really not handy...so I feel more comfortable using these adaptors.

jzchen

Enlightened
If I recall correctly I used a Dremel with a plastic cutting disc and just trimmed the center of the light harness plug, just enough for it to fit the bulb. That way I don't need to modify any future replacement bulbs to fit. You still may need to trim one of the metal tabs. (Try fitting the bulb first. I was able to fit one side without touching any of the tabs. The other side I tried to no avail, then trimmed a little to better match the H11 and then fit it)…

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The center cap of the male end of the harness plug should be able to be removed with a smsll pair of needle nose ploers, allowing your exosting plug to plug directly into the H9 base. Adding a short pigtail is not optimal, as it introduces four new contact points where the resistance can be increased. ot is always better to either augment the harness with something like a relay harness, or minimize the resistance of the oem circuit.