Lumintop EDC01 mode malfunction

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I have an EDC01 that's a few years old. Recently it stopped cycling high-medium-low, now it's low-low-medium. Memory works as normal and the driver side that faces the battery has no visible damage (haven't taken out the pill yet).

It's not the end of the world, the light still serves my uses perfectly well. I'm mostly curious if anyone has ever seen anything like this.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it does it on other batteries, and the ground connection is good...then i bet a component on the driver that boosts the voltage has failed. Just a guess though. The software didn't change and there's not multiple mode options...so has to be driver component related.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
if it does it on other batteries, and the ground connection is good...then i bet a component on the driver that boosts the voltage has failed. Just a guess though. The software didn't change and there's not multiple mode options...so has to be driver component related.
Yep, ground is good and it does with other AAAs, I've tested. Pretty sure it's a driver issue as you said, though I thought it could be a bad contact from debris.