Made in USA headlamps

My uses are general outdoors, working and occasional dips into relatively easy and spacious caves.

So far all I've been able to find are Princeton Tec and Surefire. The Surefire minimus looks like what I want, sub-500lm, flood and compact.

Just curious if ya'll have any other solid US makers. I've looked at Streamlight some but have found it tedious to determine what they make domestically and what they make overseas.

My all time favorite light of any kind is the Prometheus Delta and I've tried wearing it on a headband. It's just not ideal.

Thanks!

It might not be exactly what you envision...but it'll last forever.

I've tried those headbands before. Doesn't cut it. Acebeam makes a triple 219c with TIR optics that would have battery compatibility with my Delta and mimic the beam nearly exactly. Problem is, it's Chinese. I'm trying very hard to spend my money on American made products. No disrespect to everyone else, but supporting our own manufacturing is very important to me.

I'm willing to settle for something less than my ideal, but so far the Princeton Tec lights haven't exactly tickled that premium itch and the Surefire headlamps are pretty expensive. Might be worth it though.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of U.S. made lights, I'd go with Princeton Tec EOS or a version of the Apex. Apex has a rechargeable version as well as 4aa and 2 123a. EOS may seem dim, but the optic puts light only where you need it and regulation is solid. Many of their newer lights aren't regulated, not as waterproof, and not built as well. Don't get a Quad. The lens cracks over time. Don't get a remix or remix pro. The plastic on the battery cap cracks in a short period of time. You are going to have a hard time finding a U.S. made light with normal rechargeable options like 14500, 18500, 18650, or 21700 as they tend to go disposable or proprietary for batteries in an attempt to make more money. Energizer makes one 18650 headlight but it's probably not U.S. made. If you decide to drop the U.S. made requirement, the Nitecore HC60 v.2 is a good option for caving, trail running, or working.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can compromise and have SkyLumen mod you an import headlamp and make it as Merican as an import gets.
He can throw some Cree in it, or any LED you want.
Y'all may be neighbors.

For example:

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations!

I've bought lights from Vinh before. Definitely a satisfied customer. He lives South of me I think. I'm in Seattle proper and I think he's down around the Kent/Auburn area. If my geography is correct he's undoubtedly far saner than I at this moment in time.

I went with an Acebeam H17 modded by Vinh with 3x219b 3500k's.

Has battery compatibility with my EDC Delta and a similar beam profile. Always a pleasure to deal with Skylumen.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went with an Acebeam H17 modded by Vinh with 3x219b 3500k's.

Has battery compatibility with my EDC Delta and a similar beam profile. Always a pleasure to deal with Skylumen.
Excellent choice. I did the same thing. My kids have the smaller Acebeam 14500 headlamp modified by Vinh.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice choice. I have the smaller Acebeam H40. It was a compromise between replacing my Nitecore NU20 (wanted a light headlight with a replaceable battery after I wore out the NU20 battery) and having the brightness of my Nitecore HC60. After I bought it, the HC60 v.2 came out. Bought that one too. No regrets.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak made some 90 degree adapters awhile back; for the Eiger and ElCapitan at least, maybe the Logan too.
Can't get more American than that…