Magician in need of a beam...

KSLD

Newly Enlightened
So I'm not sure this is the place for this, but you all seem like you have an affinity for creating beams of light, and I thought I'd give it a shot.

As the title says, I'm a magician, and I am looking to create a table capable of producing a short beam of light. I've been told that it would be pointlessly difficult, but I think otherwise. If I could get 2 feet, or even a single foot of somewhat of a visible beam, I'd be happy. Obviously with a little smoke or fog it would be easy enough to do, but would it be possible otherwise? I looked around the site and saw some pretty big lights. I don't need a 30" wide beam of light, but something that would be a little out of the norm... wider than a flashlight.

I really have no clue. I'm usually rather handy, but never made any attempt to create something like this. Not sure if it would be possible to simply purchase something.

Anyway, any thoughts?

Thanks!

-Nick-
Funny, I was the designer on the original side illumination of the Luxor.
Tight beams are easy, but light travels forever until blocked.
Not sure one can stop light mid way.

Attachments

• 20220204_203643.jpg
    20220204_203643.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220519_192453.jpg
    20220519_192453.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 69

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread starter here only posted for one day in the year 2012; has not visited here under that identity since.

Perhaps you can detail elements of the Luxor project?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many of us have overlooked threads posting years, I for one..

I'd also like to know more about Luxor pyramid project you worked on. Sounds pretty cool to be part of it.

KSLD

Newly Enlightened
That is so excellent! Wondering if those are Hubbell plugs; wondering if they are twistlock.
Quite honestly - i dunno. Brain had to move those memories aside for some new info.
The Xenon cannons would most likely have had twistlocks. The messy wiring - probably not.