Mateminco MT-911 , the big thrower ! ( 26650 )

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
MT9111.jpg

mt912.jpg

mt913.jpg

Sent for review by ***********

I was sent the MT-911 kit for review . And as such comes with the 26650 / 26350 batteries and battery tubes . So if you really need to you can make this light very short . I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make due to the size of the head and the overall weight of this very throwy light . Now there is nothing I can complain about in regards to the physical aspect of this light , it's just really well built and put together . The Ui is a simple ramping function . Ramp the light up or down for the required light level .

Function :
Click the on off switch to turn the light on or off .
Long press to ramp up or down
TURBO - turn the light on and two rapid clicks ( Might turbo from off with two clicks )
Strobe - 3 clicks or more … GO nuts , you'l get strobe .

Turbo - The initial amount of light on high or turbo is substantial … And quite honestly , I can't tell if I get turbo with two clicks from off … I can tell the difference when going from high to turbo , but not from a cold start .

Power
The lowest reading I got was 0.06 Amp ( Ramped all the way down )
The highest reading I got ramped all the way up was 7A on my new MM … In Turbo I was able to measure some 15 Amp ( New MM )

Let me just say that at 5A this light is a pocket warmer and that small 26350 ? Yeah , I'm not sure I want to run that battery at 5A . Even 3.6A might be a little much for the small battery , even if only considered from a run time perspective . Lets move on !
Yeah , new MM says 7A on High and 15A in Turbo .. ( Got to keep up with the times )

Throw
Yes that big reflector is sure to throw …
On high I was able to record some 49700 Lux @ 1 meter
On turbo I was able to record some 73900 Lux @ 1 meter
Yes , the MT-911 pumps on Turbo . Not just light , but heat as well . This is no small light , it has some mass to it . And in Turbo it really feels like it is chugging down 15 amps of current . Don't get me wrong , I really like this light . And it looks like the emitter is not afraid of 15 amps .
Cos at 7A it is pushing 49700 Lux and at 5A some 73900 Lux … Or another 24000Lux for 8A more . So that extra current is going to light production rather than just producing heat ( Wrong - We are making heat ) . But , 15A is just that , quite a bit of current and the bye product of pumping light that hard is going to be heat . Just put your hand in front of the lens on high - It's quite comfortable … Then boost it to Turbo and feel your palm heat up almost instantly … ( That's a thing )

Ok , now for the one thing I did not like . The MT-911 ramps too quickly … There is a 50% stop , where the light lingers for a fraction of a second . But it takes a little practice to be able to stop there due to the ramp speed . And it goes from low to 50% in almost an instant … How do make fine adjustment when it ramps so quickly ? Yeah , Mateminco can really slow down that ramp speed for us Non Super Beings . Other than that , the MT-911 is one hell of a light . I also got some of those ? Rubber or Silicone hoods / caps / diffusers … A white one , a blue one and a red one . They really work . And they diffuse just beautifully . The let down unfortunately is that ramp speed . It would ne nice to set a good sweet spot down low , but the light ramps so quickly it's just impossible to get it just so . So I ended up at either the lowest power output or 50% . Anyways ! Yes the ramp speed is a pain . But the light is still a really good light . Did I mention it throws nuts , even on high it just reaches out there .

Conclusion !

Really well built and bolted together , throws Nuts , Kit comes with the 26350 battery and tube if you want to go short . I say short because the MT-911 will never be small . Ramping speed needs to be slowed down . Even with it's size it will fit in my pocket . A decent walking light even though it throws due to decent amount of spill . No funky colored corona . Has a USB charge port built into the light . ( With a 26650 , I would USB charge it ) .
Hmmmm , it's hard to get past that ramping speed … It almost makes this light 4 Mode … Low 50% 100% and Turbo . I really want to love this light but I can't . If I had to give it a score , 7.5 out of 10 . If it ramped much slower , I could love this light !

Utube Video Here

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apparently some other reviewers are seeing much higher current draw (?)
So I tested again 3 batteries and two multimeters .. And current draw is ball park same .
Yeah ... I don't know ?