Mincing about Moccasins...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I have a pair of Minnetonka moccasins that turn 6 or 7 this Christmas. My son used to give me a new pair of slippers each year until I got those. I've even cut grass with a push mower in them. Only once though because they kept flying off my feet and I had to keep stopping.

The soles look like new, the woven fabric liners are still holding up and they're comfy year round. In winter I will wear socks with them during the really cold weather. They're great around the house and to step outside to start the car on a cold morning. I've worn them to work accidently because I was in a hurry and forgot to change into work shoes. Half way there I realized it but had a spare pair of work shoes with me.

253C975D-1791-4EE4-836A-AF0749DA9593.jpeg

I've no idea the price or source but they are worth the coin in my view.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been a moccasin fan for decades. I used to wear LL Bean smooth leather unlined double-soled mocs, mostly indoors but sometimes outside or for driving too. Now I have LL Bean Camp Mocs for outside the house and their shearling lined slipper-mocs for around the house. The latter are very similar to the mocs shown in posts 1 and 2.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I wore my moccasins to start a bon fire with the grandson at sunset today who said he had never tossed a foot ball before. Since he has played basketball games and we did not have a basketball we played 'shoot hoops' with a football, and at times tossed it back n forth between shots at the hoop.
:buttrock:

My mocassins are older than him.