• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoo Triad Tailcap Black

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad idea to put one of these on a nitrolon G3 body?

best tail cap ever, & considering reacquiring one, but no longer have my 6p.

I happen to have a couple G2s and Triads in my truck (out of town), so can try it out.

One body required more degrees of turn before lockout, but both of them worked fine.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Triad will work on the G series lights.

However, the diameter of the body on the G-series is larger than 1", so the parts will look a bit mismatched.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My G2s have glow rings, which makes the difference less noticeable, while removing the gap.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Notice how Oveready sells a delrin tailcap for the P series and a different delrin tailcap for the G series. They talk about the outside diameter being different, but nothing about thread differences. Can anyone check to see if the threads look more coarse on the G series tailcap than the P series?

G threads are the same angle but are 'looser'. Tailcaps made to work with metal bodies will work but may not grab correctly when installing. I run a Triad on my own G3 but its not technically ideal.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed there are some glow in the dark white ones available right now, but when (if at all) will the black ones be available again?
I'm building a light and none of my Surefire tailcaps fit well with my FM C2 like body, and my Cryos 32 cooling bezel...
Plus my idea for this build was to have a light with no Surefire parts....just for a change and to be different.
Thanks,
Derek

I just checked and see 7 triads in black in stock right now.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
G threads are the same angle but are 'looser'. Tailcaps made to work with metal bodies will work but may not grab correctly when installing. I run a Triad on my own G3 but its not technically ideal.

Ok thanks for letting me know.