• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MX25L4Cvn - 2 Kit or not 2 Kit, Please Vote

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
MX25L4Cvn + XHP50.2 + DriverVNX2
This light will be the brightest light for the size with decent throw.
I expect this one to be among my newest top favorite when release.

Kit version adds $35 and includes:
  • Tailcap w/ switch and tail-standing ability
  • Flashlight head comes with front-mount thread for bezel and filter attachment
  • Stainless steel bezel
  • Heavy Duty Nylon Holster w/ self-retention device and open-top design

Please Vote

https://postimage.org/

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best to have both options, because I think most people will vote with kit.
And i am voting for no kit. driver vnx2 disables the tail cap switch correct? So basically kit version only gets a bezel and holster.
This light will finally dethrone my tn36utvn! I been waiting for a light to do this. I passed on the x7vn because driver vnx2 wasn't installed.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Expensive to stock both versions.

So far we got 2 votes for no kit ;-)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the no kit version won't tailstand, and has no bezel?

I don't want a holster for sure and I doubt I'd ever want to stand this light on it's tail, but gosh darn it I want that bezel. kit

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't use the stuff that comes in kits, so I'll say no kit.
I have this flashlight with XML2's and it will tail stand (not that I do it on anything but low). It's my favorite mid-size flashlight.

The bezel would look nice, but has no affect on the performance and I can't see it at night.

BTW, it makes a gorgeous beam, perfectly balanced. Of course the 50.2's will change the balance, but I bet it's still a gorgeous beam!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Couple more vote and we seal the deal. Eagltacs are hard to come by so these might be the last ones I can get from now on. This light will be too good with XHP50.2 not to secure the last of these samples.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I probably won't buy this but I prefer no kit for Eagtac. Find the bezel to be too sharp and too long.

I took the kit off my TX25C2vn and never looked back. My 2 cents.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I don't use the stuff that comes in kits, so I'll say no kit.
I have this flashlight with XML2's and it will tail stand (not that I do it on anything but low). It's my favorite mid-size flashlight.

The bezel would look nice, but has no affect on the performance and I can't see it at night.

BTW, it makes a gorgeous beam, perfectly balanced. Of course the 50.2's will change the balance, but I bet it's still a gorgeous beam!

I would like the stainless bezel, but I do not want the tail switch that will not work anyway right. No kit then, but I will likely still get the light if the kit fans win out.

MAD777: What are the numbers on your XML2 version?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Kit MX25L4CvnT - XPL PDT + DriverVNX2.

I need the holster, and the stainless steel bezel looks gorgeous, and the no SS bezel looks too plain.

I vote Kit.

And I await specs. :)

scintillator

Enlightened
I am very tempted by this light,I vote Kit version,
holster and filter option is nice.
Anybody know what the
front-mount thread size is for bezel and filter attachment?
I would guess about 58mm?

drummer132132

Enlightened
I'm not planning on getting this light but if I had to weigh in I'd go kit version. Having owned previous kit version eagletac lights the diffuser a nice addition.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
I would buy the kit version because in the grand scheme of things, the extra $35 is a small part of the total cost and the stainless bezel and colored filters would be nice to have.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK 5 first KIT sample just made it to my door. Only stainless strike bezel and holster is included and is useful. The included tail cap is deactivated after DriverVNX2. Unless you really want it I can use the stock circuit at reduced output. Also there are no diffuser or color filters.