My first modding project - Romisen RC-39

Uldzha

Newly Enlightened
Here is my first modding project. I modified my Romisen RC-39.
RC-39-CB-project00.jpg

(Ordered fom DX, http://dx.com/p/romisen-rc-39-cree-...-lens-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-18650-55592)
It is very good LED-Lenser P7 competitor - it is the same size, uses the same lens technology, the same LED, but uses better battery - 18650 Li-ion.
Even without modification, it is a great flashlight, but a little modification it gets even better!

The first part - driver.
RC-39-CB-project01.jpg

Original Driver was not effective enough, so I replaced it with 3x7135 AK-47A driver (ordered from XD, sku.6190)
Original Circuit board was larger (~20mm), so I had to do a different way: I unsoldered all components from original board, and soldered two wires to + and - contacts which comes from battery:
RC-39-CB-project1.jpg

the other end of wires soldered directly to the driver, and changed the mode order to Lo-mid-Hi (30mA-290mA-1000mA) by soldering bridge at the third star:
RC-39-CB-project2.jpg

The new driver ready to use:
RC-39-CB-project02.jpg

Now I have 7135 chip's based, regulated Circuit Board. on Hi mode it gives 1000mA current and My Romisen RC-39 is brighter than before.
Many persons will say to me now: "You will burn out the LED! There is not so good heat sink!" But you know? not so bad... have tested more than 1h on Hi mode, but it seems that there is no problem. In any case for daily walks can use mid mode - it is bright enough, and Hi mode can be used in emergency situations - as turbo mode.

The second part - body
Original Zoom mechanism was not very flowing, reason - the white plastic was too wide. I polish it a little to reduce the diameter, and placed O-ring on aluminium part.
RC-39-CB-project03.jpg

now zoom mechanism is much smoother!

Finally - the visual changes.
I use Glow in the Dark sticker sheet. clipped from it one circle for tail cap, and straight piece which is put around the LED stalk (shown in the above picture).
Here the result:
RC-39-CB-project04.jpg

RC-39-CB-project05.jpg

I think not bad :)

Last edited:

Uldzha

Newly Enlightened
And some Beamshots:
Romisen RC-39 in Hi mode @1000mA
RC-39-CB-project06.jpg

Modified Romisen RC-39 VS. stock LED Lenser P7:
RC-39-CB-project07.jpg